Fire Damage – Davie Garage
Fire damage at this Davie garage was the result of a gas regulator on a hot water heater failing. A fire started, and the hot water heater was burnt and created a lot of soot and smoke. The before picture shows the result of the fire and smoke damage to the walls of the garage. There was also that telltale noxious odor that is left behind by fires that would need to be dealt with. SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South industry certified technicians would first remove all of the building materials that could not be restored. That would help remove some of the sources of the odor. An ozone generator would be set up to clean the air of odor-causing particles. The crew would then wipe down the garage walls to remove the soot and smoke. Finally, the discarded building materials would be reconstructed.