Need to Remove Water Damage from a Fort Lauderdale Residence?
SERVPRO provides advanced drying equipment like this LGR-low grain refrigerant dehumidifier to mitigate Fort Lauderdale area water damage.
Fort Lauderdale SERVPRO Water Removal Technicians Offer 24/7 Mitigation
Regardless of the time of year, Fort Lauderdale properties are vulnerable to water damage from structural or appliance issues that can happen seemingly out of nowhere, much to the frustration of homeowners. As a result, water–and eventually microbial growth–can potentially affect a home’s safety, indoor air quality, and the structural integrity of materials like drywall.
Extensively trained Fort Lauderdale SERVPRO water damage restoration technicians respond to cleanup calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This service includes weekends and holidays so community members can minimize home water damage while maximizing restoration potential for structures and contents.
Why Does Water Damage Smell?
Moisture tends to carry a distinctive, musty smell that is easily recognizable. However, Fort Lauderdale homeowners curious about this malodor’s origins should know the following:
- The smell does not come from the moisture itself but from bacteria or microbial growth in the water
- Mold and other microbes can spread enough to emit a noticeable odor in as little as 24- to 48 hours after water damage occurs
- Microbes thrive on a combination of relative humidity levels above 60%, lacking or inconsistent air circulation, warm temperatures, and availability of organic materials
Local SERVPRO professionals can remediate potential microbial growth and odors with commercial-grade water restoration services. Staff and franchise owners also undergo thorough training. They can pursue self-paced education modules about water damage’s effects and implement effective remediation strategies.
SERVPRO Water Mitigation Services Go Beyond Cleanup and Odor Control
SERVPRO techs’ water removal services focus primarily on safety and a restoration-first approach where possible. Some materials, like waterlogged sheetrock, are often easier and more economical to replace than simply clean and dry. Other items, like fiberglass insulation, can often be cleaned, dried, and restored successfully in a residential water damage scenario.
- Water damage remediation technicians can expel moisture from surfaces with the help of 3-system extraction units. Most surfaces on a property only require the vacuum system, but the heater and pump systems are also available for implementation during the cleaning of upholstery and carpeting
- Axial and centrifugal air movers work with low-grain refrigerant or desiccant dehumidifiers to remove, isolate, and collect moisture for disposal in a treated sewer
- Porous materials impacted by water and microbes can be treated with hydroxyl generators, which use ultraviolet light to eliminate odor-causing bacteria
- EPA-registered biocides double as sanitation and, to a lesser extent, odor control, especially when used in tandem with water damage deodorizing solutions
- Fort Lauderdale restoration technicians can also implement build-back services after water cleanup that include drywall repairs, HVAC cleaning, and repairing tile flooring
SERVPRO professionals ensure that the water damage restoration process is successful with careful inspection and analysis with calibrated penetrating and non-penetrating sensors and meters. Potential damage behind walls and ceilings can also be detected with the help of thermal imaging cameras that can pinpoint changes in temperature consistent with wall cavity moisture exposure.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South can be reached at (954) 776-2000 for comprehensive, emergency-response repair and restoration services.
Can Fort Lauderdale Home Fire Damage Be Repaired?
This fire-damaged Fort Lauderdale home can be restored and repaired by our SERVPRO team of IICRC certified technicians.
SERVPRO Professional Fire Restoration Services Address Structure and Contents Damage
Home structural fire damage restoration can be a daunting task for any Fort Lauderdale homeowner to undertake after disaster strikes. Even small-scale kitchen fires, which are the leading cause of unreported home fires according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), can leave behind hard-to-remove damages that can have a lasting impact on walls and appliances.
Certified SERVPRO fire restoration technicians salvage Fort Lauderdale properties regardless of the scale of the disaster. Sophisticated technologies, tried-and-true cleanup methods, and extensive fire cleanup training combine to produce effective results that return fire-affected homes to a pre-disaster condition.
How Fire Damage Residues Impact Residential Structures
Fire and smoke damage can have a wide array of effects on surfaces in a home, such as:
- Drywall can easily become stained by smoke exposure
- Soot particles can settle in nooks and crannies of appliances, electronics, and other sensitive items
- Fire and smoke damage residues can also settle in HVAC components and ventilation shafts, which can potentially spread odors and soot throughout the property
- Fire odors can vary based on what was burned. Dry goods, such as paper and wood, have a distinct smell compared to burnt plastics or pungent protein residues. Each material also requires a different type of care for removal
- Soot can seep into porous surfaces like rugs, drapes, and upholstery. While these stains are often removable, consumer-grade solutions are much less likely to remove smoke residues fully
SERVPRO professionals provide Fort Lauderdale homeowners with commercial-grade solutions that eliminate fire damage stains and odors while minimizing demolition and replacement needs.
Remediating Fire and Smoke Damage with SERVPRO Cleaning Solutions
Fort Lauderdale SERVPRO professional soot removal entails a multitude of methodically implemented steps. These include:
- Manual cleaning of fire damage from ceiling to floor, and lightest to heaviest. This pattern provides effective, efficient cleaning that has minimal impact on surfaces
- SERVPRO crews can also perform structural drying for fire suppression before performing fire restoration services. A dry structure is necessary for safe remediation
- Heavy-duty cleaning options for fire damage include EPA-registered biocides, alkaline solutions, and abrasion blasting with soda ash, dry ice, and other blast media
- Odor Control Technicians (OCTs) can deploy solvent-based deodorizers via thermal foggers for fire odor removal. This device allows deodorizers to chemically bind with soot particles to thoroughly eliminate odors. Protein residues from kitchen fires can be addressed with specialized enzyme digesters that turn oily proteins into water-soluble byproducts for easy removal
- Soot removal with HEPA-filter vacuums can catch particles as small as 0.3 microns in size
After performing the cleanup, SERVPRO fire restoration technicians can focus on rebuilding services such as hanging new drywall where necessary, cleaning HVAC systems, repainting walls, and flooring repairs. SERVPRO professionals also clean salvageable contents thoroughly to return them to a pre-disaster condition once more.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South renders 24/7 disaster mitigation services when property owners call (954) 776-2000.
Where Can Fort Lauderdale Homeowners Get Safe Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation and cleanup in Fort Lauderdale needed? SERVPRO provides solutions, "Like it never even happened."
Fort Lauderdale SERVPRO Offers Comprehensive Mold Damage Cleanup
Home mold DIY cleanup for Fort Lauderdale properties can seem feasible at first. However, mold growth on surfaces like drywall and fibers indicates larger microbial clusters lurking in wall cavities, HVAC systems, and other home areas. Professional mold damage mitigation can prove safer and more effective for homeowners experiencing these disasters.
Fort Lauderdale SERVPRO professionals use mold inspection, mitigation, and rebuilding services to return residential properties to a pre-disaster state per Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) guidelines. Certified technicians use proper containment measures and personal protective equipment (PPE) to implement mold damage mitigation solutions in Fort Lauderdale.
Preventing Mold Damage Proliferation in a Residence
After discovering mold damage on a property, homeowners may be tempted to get right to cleaning. However, it is crucial to understand how mold grows and what conditions allow it to thrive before cleaning.
- Lacking air circulation allows mold to spread freely. Sudden usage of HVAC systems can unintentionally circulate microbes to other areas of the home instead of getting rid of them
- Elevated relative humidity, particularly over 50%, can accelerate mold damage growth. Pipe and supply line leaks, among other forms of water damage, can accelerate this
- Porous organic materials like area rugs, drapes, clothing, wood, and drywall are particularly prone to microbial proliferation
SERVPRO mitigation services do not entail total mold removal, which is impossible. However, it is possible to return a Fort Lauderdale home to a clean, safe, pre-damage state that is free of malodors.
SERVPRO Mold Remediation Returns Homes to a Pre-Disaster Condition
SERVPRO mold damage mitigation technicians render a myriad of tasks that reduce microbes to normal levels for an indoor residential space. These activities include the following:
- Setting up clean rooms for equipment decontamination, as well as sealing off affected areas with polyethylene sheeting. Mold inspection also detects areas with elevated moisture levels that aggravate microbial growth
- Establishing negative air pressure with HEPA-filter air scrubbers traps microbes for more thorough spore remediation. A combination of dry and wet cleaning methods, as well as sanitation with EPA-registered biocides, allows for more rigorous mold damage remediation
- Positioning air movers and dehumidifiers to reduce relative humidity to normal levels for a residential property, which slows microbial growth
- Performing necessary drywall demolition, carpet and pad removal, and other disposal tasks with homeowners’ permission. This process allows technicians to install new materials where needed
- Implementing odor control strategies that are tailored to affected surfaces. Mold odors can be quelled with solvent-based deodorizer solutions, time-release pellets, counteractant odor beads, and thorough HVAC cleaning, among other solutions.
SERVPRO’s mold damage process emphasizes repairs and restoration over replacement wherever possible to help homeowners enjoy increased savings and an easier transition back to a clean, safe residence.
Homeowners can reach the SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South crew at (954) 776-2000 for rapid-response remediation and restoration services after a disaster.
Water Cleanup After a Storm in Fort Lauderdale Happens Fast with SERVPRO
Frequent storms causes flooding to be a year round threat. But no worries. SERVPRO is always on call!
SERVPRO is a Trusted Name for Storm Water Cleanup in Fort Lauderdale
Water damage after a storm can be challenging to repair without professional help. You need professionals like SERVPRO for water cleanup in your Fort Lauderdale home who have the experience, knowledge, and tools to do the job safely and effectively.
SERVPRO uses a multi-step water cleanup process in Fort Lauderdale homes. The first step after the initial inspection is to pump out any standing water as quickly as possible. Once the techs remove water, the next goal is to dry the structure by creating ideal drying conditions using air movers and dehumidifiers.
Using Air Filtration Devices (AFDs) during Water Restoration
Air filtration devices perform two functions simultaneously: moving the drying air across the wet surfaces and filtering it. The AFDs that SERVPRO techs use in Fort Lauderdale homes are usually equipped with multiple filters, including High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters.
The HEPA filters can remove 99.97% of airborne particles/ contaminants of more than 0.3 microns in size from the drying air. AFDs play a crucial role in preventing the spread of microbial contaminants that might be present in stormwater while drying the structure.
SERVPRO techs sometimes also use special filters in such devices that can remove volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
To be effective, an AFD relies on a series of filters. The most common filters that AFDs contain include the following:
- Primary filter:It is a poly-sum or a pleated pre-filter that can capture large debris and contaminants before they can reach the next filtration layer.
- Secondary filter: It is usually a pleated filter with a higher capture rate than the primary filter.
- HEPA filter:The third and final layer is the HEPA filter, which has the highest capture rate.
Call SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South at (954) 776-2000 for fast and efficient service.
Air Movers Are Important to Resolve Ft Lauderdale Water Damage
Water often damages structural parts of the home, like drywall. SERVPRO can completely restore water damage.
Water Damage Gets Managed with Air Movers
Air movers are among our drying inventory's most readily used tools during recovery projects. With multiple types of units suited for different restoration and water removal styles, multiple machines get used simultaneously to manage considerable water restoration undertakings. Air movers arrive on the Green Fleet service vehicles, initially responding to start mitigation for the residence.
Managing Wet Materials
Wet materials can be one of the most significant obstacles to water damage to Ft Lauderdale homes and businesses. Prolonged moisture exposure leads to secondary effects like mold development, so addressing trapped water is a priority. Centrifugal air movers are the ideal tool to push through cool vapor barriers and continually evaporate moisture on the surfaces of materials like:
Wet Structural Cavities
Water trapped in structural cavities is only easily managed and overcome. Often, some form of demolition is necessary to allow restoration professionals to access this space and introduce helpful drying tools. Flood cutting limits the destruction of wall systems, and with low-profile centrifugal air movers, air can get directly infused in this cavity without a greater need for material removal.
Overall Drying of the Rooms
While it can be advantageous to direct blasts of air at specific points of a wall system or compromised building material, general drying to manage moist conditions can be equally important. Axial air movers do not operate at the same high velocity as centrifugal units but provide a more comprehensive and effective range for entire rooms suffering water and moisture damage.
We quickly manage water damage for Fort Lauderdale homes and businesses with several restoration tools and equipment. SERVPRO of Ft Lauderdale South professionals have an inventory of cutting-edge tools, including various air movers, to help with drying. When disasters strike, give us a call at (954) 776-2000.
Efficient Ft. Lauderdale Area Fire Damage Restoration
Housefire damage occurs every 90 seconds across the United States.
Call SERVPRO in Ft. Lauderdale for Help with Fire Damage Cleanup
No homeowner is safe from a potential fire breaking out within their residence. Housefire damage occurs every 90 seconds across the United States, so preparing for such an emergency is highly beneficial. SERVPRO is locally owned and operated, providing area property owners with the prompt, reliable fire restoration services they need. Should your Ft. Lauderdale home encounter a minor fire in the bathroom or a significant blaze that impacts several rooms, we are here 24/7 – We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Did you know that SERVPRO is onsite and ready to assess your property within hours of your initial call? We handle fire damage restoration for Ft. Lauderdale customers so they can quickly bring their homes back to pre-fire condition. While each project varies in terms of damage, processes, and reconstruction needed, you can count on us to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Every Ft. Lauderdale fire damage restoration project starts with a thorough assessment and protecting your home from the elements and intrusion as the restoration takes place. Once first responders tell us we can safely enter, we look at areas such as:
- Structural integrity
- Exposure to the elements
- Security complications
- Electrical hazards
- Water saturation
- Soot and smoke damage
- Unsalvageable materials and contents
Superior Cleaning and Deodorizing
Once all standing water from the fire extinguishment gets removed, we inspect for areas with hidden moisture and begin drying. Our team also handles thorough cleaning of surfaces and removes all charred debris. We have odor control technicians (OCT) on our team that ensure all pungent smoke and moisture odors get eliminated rather than masked.
While we work to restore versus replace whenever possible, many fire-related projects call for controlled demolition and reconstruction services. All unsalvageable flooring, drywall, carpet, and other materials are replaced with all-new.
Call SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South at (954) 776-2000 when you need assistance with fire damage restoration for your home or business.
How Can Ft. Lauderdale Homes Get Restored After Burst Pipes?
Water damage restoration services by SERVPRO are second to none. Call now for fast and immediate service for your home.
Damage in wall cavities can be far-reaching in Ft. Lauderdale properties.
Burst pipes can often leave a high volume of water damage trapped between walls or floors of your property. Our experienced professionals have effective means of draining out trapped water and beginning the vital drying process to minimize the controlled demolition and reconstruction needed to return the property to its original condition.
Water Removal and Moisture Monitoring
Among the most challenging aspects of water damage restoration for Ft. Lauderdale homes is clearing standing water from the property. Any pooling can be devastating to porous materials exposed, namely drywall and flooring. With vacuuming and pumps, we can collect and safely dispose of any standing water concerns.
With surface water resolved, we can begin monitoring and investigating the spread and severity of moisture and dampness pockets. Several tools and technologies are prevalent in this process, many of which continue to get used throughout the drying process to monitor progress. These include:
- Thermal imagery (Infrared)
- Moisture meters
- Probing meters
Can SERVPRO Handle Repairs?
Our team of professionals can provide a wealth of repair and build-back services following water damage with a general contractor license. From the plumbing repairs often needed after burst pipes and ceiling leaks to the reinstallation of removed structural elements, this is one of the final stages in returning a property to its original condition.
Knowing how involved and intricate water damage restoration can become, these are rare situations ideal for do-it-yourself approaches. Our SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale team is a leading restoration team in the area for water and flood damage recovery, so we are ready 24/7 to help you make these emergencies "Like it never even happened." Call us today at (954) 776-2000.
Flood Damage in Ft. Lauderdale Homes Is Sometimes Hidden
Storm damage often needs repair work to restore the home or business to their preloss condition. Fort Lauderdale property owners count on SERVPRO.
Finding Flood Damage After a Storm
Ft. Lauderdale has an attractive climate and favorable environmental conditions most of the time. Powerful weather events could leave structures open to flooding, such as:
- Torrential Rain
The Attic Can Hide Damage
Because the attic is not a high-traffic area in many homes, flood damage in Ft. Lauderdale properties might not be immediately recognized. There are a few reasons for this:
- Slow Migration of Water - Many do not notice attic flooding until it reaches the main living space and must pass through several building materials to reach that point.
- Small Roof Penetration Points - Sometimes, the area where water is heading into the attic is small, only allowing a small bit of water in at a time.
- Saturation of Insulation - The insulation can slow the progression of water as this material gets fully saturated and absorbs the intruding water until it cannot hold more, and the water leaks into the attic.
Water Removal Solutions for Attics
With the knowledge that attic damage exists, you must prioritize removing the house's water. This process begins with extraction devices like pumps and vacuums but continues through other forms of water removal like managing the moisture content in the environment with dehumidifiers.
Needed Repairs to Help
Not only must our SERVPRO team address vulnerabilities in your roof's construction, but also replace any materials that require removal in the attic. Commercial Contractor License #: CBC1261730. Reconstructing wall systems, flooring, and roof underlayment materials can fix leaks and be the last step to make this flooding "Like it never even happened."
You might not always see flood damage when it occurs. It is usually a good practice to inspect areas like your attic space for leaks or penetration that indicate a situation requiring immediate restoration attention. When disasters strike, you can count on SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South to help. Call now at (954) 776-2000.
Professional Water Removal in Fort Lauderdale Rescues a Flooded Squash Court
Rapid water removal from hardwood flooring in Fort Lauderdale can reduce demolition and expenses. Call SERVPRO; We're Faster To Any Size Diaster.
SERVPRO's Quick Response Mitigates Water Damage in Fort Lauderdale
It is a scene that no building supervisor wants to see first thing on a weekday morning. You return from a weekend rest, open up the sports center, and discover that a burst pipe has covered the floors in water. The usually shiny, pristine squash courts are submerged, and you need urgent action to prevent irreparable damage.
The process of basic commercial water removal in Fort Lauderdale sports centers is relatively simple. SERVPRO extracts as much standing liquid as possible with a pump machine. The process is fast and efficient. However, things get trickier when we start working to remove surface water and absorbed moisture.
The Value of a Fast Response
With wood, a quick response is critical. According to the USDA, a standard 2 ¼ inch floorboard expands 1 1/28th of an inch for every one percent change in moisture. If it does not seem like a lot, know that a 150-foot squash court will likely expand by around 25 inches. Most floors cannot withstand this swelling and start to warp and buckle. So, call SERVPRO for help immediately.
The Resilience of the Floor
The likelihood of a complete restoration depends on the type of squash court. Plywood, for example, is particularly vulnerable. Once it begins to expand, it isn't easy to rescue. If it gets wet, it delaminates, and the sublayers separate. The most resilient courts feature floating boards. They can only expand sideways, and an expansion gap is built for the purpose.
The History of the Floor
SERVPRO also considers the history of the squash court when putting together a water removal plan. For instance, the number of times it is coated and re-finished impacts repairs. It is good news for sports centers and indoor courts because they are periodically re-coated to help them withstand heavy foot traffic. The more finishes it has had, the harder it is for water to penetrate the wood.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South is a local water damage removal and repair service. You can find us in the Fort Lauderdale area, and we promise fast responses for all flooded businesses. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster. Call us 24/7 at (954) 776-2000 to learn more about how we bring hardwood floors back to life.
Quality Fire Damage Restoration Services in Ft. Lauderdale
SERVPRO's crack FSRT provides cleaning contents & structural restoration and repair and smoke damage in Fort Lauderdale.
SERVPRO Uses Six Methods to Clean Fire Damaged Properties in Ft. Lauderdale
Restoring personal property after a fire is more cost-efficient and provides a needed mental boost to the victims who see only destruction and a profound, personal loss. This process is not short or easy, but a professional restoration company can make the difference between recovering something precious and having to dispose of it in the trash.
As a locally owned franchise, SERVPRO understands what restoring a home after fire damage in Ft. Lauderdale means to homeowners and residents. We carefully examine the affected items and determine which methods fit the restoration service.
Dry Cleaning – This is our first step. We use dusting cloths and feather dusters on dry surfaces with light-to-medium, non-greasy soils. If the amount of soil is heavy or in a thick layer, our technicians may use dry sponges or commercial-grade vacuums to remove it. These actions are beneficial in eliminating excessive dirt before moving on to other methods.
Wet Cleaning – This method is excellent for a property item with moderate-to-heavy soot and smoke residues. We prefer it for things that do not react poorly to being saturated with water or cleaning solutions. We often use brushes and vacuums to remove most of the soils.
Spray and Wipe – This is a wet method, but our technicians use a spray bottle for more control over how much water and cleaning agents they apply. It is necessary for items such as curtains and drapes where the color may fade, run, or bleed down and across the surface.
Foam Cleaning – This is a variation of spray and wipe, but the spray bottle forces air into the liquid and applies foam instead. Foaming is our preferred method for cleaning upholstery fabric as too much water or cleaning agents may cause it to shrink and pull away from the frame.
Abrasive Cleaning – Our technicians use a brush and a thicker cleaning agent on rough surfaces such as rock or marble to remove smoke and soot residues or other soils. We may use a steel wool pad instead of the brush for metal surfaces.
Immersion Cleaning – This is our method of last resort. For items with very heavy residues that can take the procedure, we immerse them in a tank with water or a cleaning agent. Technicians then use sound waves to force bubbles through the item, agitating all surfaces. It is effective on property that absorbs a significant amount of residues over an extended period. This technique is called ultrasonic cleaning.
Returning your home to its pre-fire condition does not happen quickly. SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South is here at every step until finished. If you need us, call today at (954) 776-2000.