What professional companies get rid of mold in a residential property?
Don't let mold take over your Plantation property. Let SERVPRO help you.
Mold Removal Companies like SERVPRO Can Control Microbial Growth in your Plantation home.
Why does mold re-appear through the year?
Mold can dry out and cease to grow in your Plantation home during certain parts of the year. However, mold spores can lay dormant during the drier periods and spring back to life following wet or humid periods. If the humidity or moisture levels in your property rise and fall, its insulation could be an issue. Wetness on exterior walls of a poorly insulated home can condensate, creating damp spots or moisture on the centrally heated interior. If mold appears during wet times of the year, you may want to investigate insulation. If it occurs during hotter periods, then you could benefit from installing a vapor barrier. In short, mold appears in the presence of moisture. SERVPRO can investigate the cause of decay and place a procedure to bring it back under control throughout the year.
Can I control mold using non-professional equipment?
There are several techniques that mold remediation companies in Plantation use that can be readily applied to your property. You can control minor microbial growth issues that appear on a particular section of your home, such as behind fittings, using a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers cannot remove mold or spores. However, they can remove the moisture that microbial organisms need to grow. For some households, placing a dehumidifier close to the mold's surface can make the issue more manageable. However, SERVPRO recommends using a professional remediator should the problem crop up in multiple areas or appear to get worse over time. Microbial infestations can spread inside walls, and what looks like a benign issue may require professional intervention.
What safety equipment do mold professionals use?
- N95 or better respirator for minor to moderate issues
- Chemical resistant gloves and eye protection
- Significant contamination may require hazmat or bodysuits
What questions do mold professionals ask?
Finding mold in your property can be the result of water, flood, or fire restoration. Typically, molds occur in situations where there is or has recently been, excess quantities of water. A SERVPRO crew chief may ask you if there are previous issues with mold in your Plantation home and the first discovery. These answers can be vital to understanding the length and breadth of the problem. A property with previous mold growth, for example, may need a more in-depth investigation of insulation or other building materials than one that has recently occurred. Equally, a property with a recent history of mold following water damage may indicate that the home areas were insufficiently dry. These questions can help SERVPRO to narrow down the extent of a microbial growth issue and act accordingly.
Do I need to dry property with mold growth?
All microbes require moisture to grow. Establishing drying equipment can help prevent microbial growth. However, it is crucial to understand how regular drying equipment can affect mold infestation. Pieces of equipment regularly used to dry properties include air-movers and venting fans. These are not always suitable for mold remediation since the air circulation can carry mold spores into previously unaffected homes. It is not uncommon for SERVPRO crew chiefs to delay the drying process until all mold remnants are cleaned or otherwise removed from the property. Delaying the drying procedure can ensure that mold spores do not reach other areas of the home.
What chemicals do mold professionals use?
- Anti-microbial chemicals can prevent mold spores from building up through the stages of growth
- Biocides eliminate organic matter but can be toxic
- Disinfectant can help to eradicate micro bacteria, viruses, and fungi growth
How do I start removing mold from a property?
Microbial organisms are a part of every indoor environment. SERVPRO technicians remediate mold issues to bring them down to an acceptable level. Microbes cannot be eliminated. We consider an acceptable level to be preventing the growth of microbes. Preventing growth is achievable by combining drying methods with chemical deterrents. Anti-microbial chemicals are dispersible using ultra-low volume (ULV) misting equipment. We can fumigate a property using anti-microbial chemicals to ensure that microbes are not capable of growing, causing odor or affecting your indoor air quality. Mold infested materials typically need to be replaced entirely to avoid a recurrence of the microbial issue. Our technicians can perform the removal, safe disposal, and replacement of many building materials in your property.
What steps can I take to avoid mold buildup?
- Allowing plenty of sunlight into the home throughout the year
- Ventilating the house properly to avoid damp buildup
- Regularly inspecting your heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system
A professional remediator can help you to overcome microbial growth issues in your home long-term. Contact SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South at (954) 420-6305 to begin.
What Damage Can Flooding Do to Your Plantation Home's Walls?
Stormwater can soak into the drywall of your home causing extensive damage. Don't wait, give us a call today.
Penetrating floodwater can be a devastating situation, but even when water does not reach inside the structure, wall systems can still become damaged.
Plantation homeowners have seen the destructive nature of flooding when it occurs in the area. After bursts of powerful rain that can leave several inches over an hour to the rising of creeks and streams after steady rain days, the results remain the same. Water pooling outside of properties in the neighborhood can find a way inside many of these structures. When it does not, wall systems preventing interior damage can still become affected. Each element of an exterior wall is sensitive and susceptible to flood damage, which includes:
- Wood Framing
Flood damage repair for Plantation homes often hinges on understanding what damage has occurred to these exterior wall systems and what should be done to restore it. We have a team of general contractors that can repair these degrading materials or rebuild destroyed portions of your house, meaning that we have a comprehensive approach to flood losses. When our team first arrives, we can focus on determining the extent of the damage, which often requires removing exterior siding so that probing moisture meters can detect the presence of water on both the inside and outside of the wall.
Is It Possible to Limit Reconstruction Needs?
Reconstruction is often inevitable when flood damage occurs, but our SERVPRO team's prompt response can help to begin moisture removal and antimicrobial treatments for indirectly exposed elements. Those immediately impacted by floodwater must often get removed and later replaced due to the potential contaminants present in natural flooding.
Working on repairs to restore your home after a flood is a situation that many families have to face in southern Florida. Our SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South team can help when you need it. Give us a call anytime at (954) 776-2000.
See more about Plantation.
Can Restoration Technicians Salvage Fire-Damaged Cabinets?
Call our experts after you experience a fire disaster, we have the training your home needs after a fire occurs.
Certified Fire Restoration Pros in Davie Offer 24/7 Mitigation Services.
Kitchen fires are among the most common in the United States by far. These types of residential fires are also the most frequently unreported. However, Davie residents should be aware that fire damage residues can continually damage belongings well after extinguishing the flames.
If your Davie residence needs fire restoration services to prevent soot and odors from affecting your home further, SERVPRO is available to mitigate damage 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Your local SERVPRO team can render fire damage cleanup services with commercial-grade equipment, including EPA-registered proprietary antimicrobial solutions designed to address fire damage odors and soils.
What Nearby Surfaces Are Affected By a Stovetop Fire?
- Walls and ceilings are likely to have a light dusting of dry soot sticking to them.
- Soot particles settle in cracks and crevices, including on electronics, appliances, and in fixtures like sinks and cabinets.
- Porous surfaces like aprons, oven mitts, wood furniture, and kitchen towels can soak up soot and odors and may require additional care to return them to a preloss state.
How Does SERVPRO Restore Fire-Damaged Wood Cabinets?
Cabinetry affected by fires is likely to require several different cleanup solutions, including the following:
- Dry cleaning sponges designed to mitigate light, dry soot deposits, especially in cabinet interiors.
- Wood Creme Paste to address heavier stains. Because soot turns acidic from exposure to water, many heavy-duty soot cleaning solutions are alkaline in nature.
- Metal hinges suffering from corrosion or other damages from soot may be more cost-effective to replace than restore, depending on their condition.
- Abrasion blasting with gentle media like soda ash and corn cobs to remove surface char while preserving your fixtures.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South is prepared to keep your property looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (954) 776-2000 to start the mitigation process.
Find more information about Davie.
Can My Home Be Restored After Water Spreads Everywhere?
Water Extraction and Drying Hardwood Flooring to Help Our Davie Neighbors Is a Joy for SERVPRO Technicians!
SERVPRO Can Restore Davie Residences After Water Intrusions
A Pipe Burst in A Second-Story Bathroom, What Happens Next?
Water mitigation in Davie homes is simpler for SERVPRO when the water is from a pipe or other ‘clean’ source than from outside flooding which contains soil and other contaminants. Our teams follow the same set of mitigation procedures, but without much of the cleaning, debris removal, and odor removal needed for flooding.
What Happens First?
Our teams start by positioning drying equipment throughout your Davie home. This helps reduce potential damage, prevent further damage, and stabilize the inside environment. Next, teams take these steps:
- Protect Contents – In every home, we have to move property away from the water. It prevents items from soaking up additional water and also allows easier access to the affected walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Extract Excess Water – Teams now use pumps to draw off water. Depending on the amount in the home and which size pump is needed, they can remove up to 100 gallons per hour.
- Extract Water from Carpets – Here, teams use extractors to draw off water without harming the carpet or the pad underneath. Carpet pads can deteriorate quickly, however, so if the water remained in place overnight, it might be necessary to remove and dispose of them even though the water was from a clean source.
- Extract Water from Hardwood Floors – Teams use extractors here to carefully remove water without causing the boards to crack, split, or warp.
- Extract Water from the Sub-Floor – Technicians use a small pump with a hose to pull water out of the sub-floor without needing to pull up a large amount of floorboards. They use the same equipment to remove water from behind walls and in overhead crawlspaces.
Is That Everything?
Not yet. As SERVPRO technicians complete these tasks, other team members install dehumidifiers to augment the drying equipment already in place. This last action lowers the humidity to comfortable levels.
To schedule a restoration team visit, call SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South at (954) 776-2000 today.
Whom Should I Call to Restore My Fire Damaged Home?
Fires can happen at any time and they are devastating for homeowners. Let SERVPRO remediate the damage. We have the necessary training and experience.
In the Davie Area, Fire Damage Restoration Companies Like SERVPRO Are Your Best Option.
When you first think of South Florida and the Davie area, your initial thoughts involve sun, fun, watersports, and the seasonal threat of hurricanes. While you can find all of these things in abundance in the region, the densely populated parts of the city are also prone to rapidly spreading fires. Strong winds coming off the ocean can quickly blow flames from one nearby home to another. These disasters can happen at any time of the year, but they are particularly bad during the dry season, between November and mid-May when there are no rains to extinguish the aggressive blazes. In the aftermath of these personal disasters, it is comforting to know that there are excellent, fast, and friendly local services like SERVPRO that can help you recover.
What Makes SERVPRO Superior to Other Remediation Services?
SERVPRO’s reputation as a high-quality Davie fire damage restoration firm has been cemented by many favorable ratings, several superb restoration performances, and its innovative service offerings. At the same time, we have also become well-known for our dedication to satisfying customers. Some of the things leading to our exceedingly strong reputation are:
- Our high customer satisfaction ratings on Google review and Facebook are 4.7 and 4.4 stars, respectively
- The fact that we are a dependable, locally owned and operated firm that specializes in fire damage restoration and has a track record of doing things right
- SERVPRO’s long-standing status as a leader in the restoration industry and its affiliations with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA)
- Our 24-hour emergency remediation service
- Innovative service offerings like our Emergency READY Profile Plan (ERP) App, which gives company technicians detailed information about your property, before any damage occurs, so they immediately have a plan of action if anything happens in the future
All of these distinctive aspects of our service make it quite attractive to prospective customers. As your trusted neighborhood SERVPRO, we always endeavor to meet or exceed your expectations.
What Specialized Fire Damage Remediation Training Do Your Technicians Have?
Our professionals undergo extensive training in cleaning up and restoring the fire-damaged property. They receive both company and IICRC training and are individually certified in various specialties. These specialties include:
- Fire & smoke damage restoration
- Odor control
- Upholstery & fabric cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
With these various relevant certifications, you can rest assured in knowing that SERVPRO workers know how to clean and restore your home and its contents following a fire, as well as effectively neutralize the foul odors associated with fire damage.
How Do You Clean Up and Restore Fire Damaged Homes?
When remediating fire damage in Davie, we employ a wide variety of high-tech tools and innovative techniques. These methods are yet another way our service is distinguishable from others. The general process our highly skilled experts use to clean up and restore your fire impacted property is:
- First, ventilating your residence with high-velocity box fans and air movers to clear away residual smoke and odors.
- Next, cleaning your home’s interior air with advanced filtering scrubbers that remove fire-related gases and particles.
- Then, employing Vaportek systems and ozone generators to counteract remaining odorous particles.
- Later, using HVAC cleaning systems to remove odorous substances from your ventilation network and thereby prevent them from being further spread throughout your residence.
- While all of this is taking place, other workers inject deodorants into upholstery and carpets with high-tech injection devices.
- At the same time, technicians remove various residues from household surfaces with techniques like scraping, abrasive blasting, wire brushing, the peroxide active cleaning method, and wiping with a dry sponge specifically useful for removing each residue type.
- Afterward, our experts work to neutralize remaining foul fire-related odors from even the most difficult-to-access areas of your home with a state-of-the-art ultra-low volume (ULV) and thermal foggers.
Once the fire restoration process is complete, there are often few, if any, signs that your home ever suffered fire damage. Our time-tested procedures generally restore your home and its furnishings to their pre-fire condition. Odorous residues deposited around your house are cleaned up, and unpleasant odors are usually eliminated.
Life in South Florida is usually enjoyable. If you weather the rainy season, the rest of the year is filled with an abundance of sunshine and warm-weather outdoor activities. Of course, these opportunities bring with them more extensive local development and higher population densities. If a fire ever breaks out, these issues can facilitate its rapid spread and increase your home’s fire risk. It is, therefore, essential to anticipate potential fires and prepare for them accordingly.
If you ever need help preparing for potential fires, cleaning up in their wake, or restoring fire damaged property, call SERVPRO of Fort Lauderdale South at (954) 776-2000 for assistance.
Is There A Company That Provides Commercial Fire And Water Restoration In Plantation?
We can help get your property back in order after any type of devastation. Call us at (954) 776 - 2000. We are always available.
SERVPRO's Rapid Response Team Expertly Provides Both Water and Fire Restoration to Any Size Commercial Building.
It does not matter if you own a small boutique or a large commercial building; if you experience water or fire damage, you need professional mediation. Why not deal with a company that can handle both situations should the need arise?
How Do You Restore My Business After Cleanup?
Commercial buildings are prone to the same problems that residential homes experience. Pipes burst, fires happen overnight, or the sprinkler system malfunctions. Not only does SERVPRO clean your facility, but our restoration companies in Plantation will restore your business to preloss condition. Once we do the assessments, ensure the building's safety, and complete the cleanup restoration begins. You may think everything is lost, but that is not necessarily the case. SERVPRO takes the following restoration steps where applicable:
- Wet carpet and padding can be cleaned and replaced if not delaminated.
- Subflooring can be restored.
- Sheetrock and installation are salvageable. Various methods get used depending upon fire or water damage.
- The contents of the home can be dried and restored. The content also gets sanitized with EPA-registered antimicrobials.
- Smoke residue and odors get removed.
Get Back to Business
Anytime you require restoration companies and the services they provide means downtime for your business. That means a loss of revenue for you, and the longer it goes on, the more you lose. SERVPRO gets you back in business as quickly as possible. We can work with your schedule to allow our crews to work during your closing or off-hours if you need us too. When we get finished cleaning, repairing, and restoring your business, it will be, "Like it never even happened."
Commercial water and fire restorations are one of the services we offer local businesses. Our business depends on getting your company back to normal. Contact SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South at (954) 776 - 2000 to help keep you in business during a catastrophe.
Find more information about Plantation.
Can Flood Removal Help Preserve Your Home's Value?
Should flood waters enter your home, call SERVPRO. We can quickly and safely make it, "Like it never even happened."
Ft. Lauderdale Homeowners Need Flood Removal Before Damage Occurs
Ft. Lauderdale homeowners know the importance of keeping their home's value as high as possible. The valuation of your home directly affects the money you can get for selling it. It is to your benefit to look after your house and boost its market value as much as you can.
Ft. Lauderdale residents dealing with flood removal are more concerned with the immediate need to clear their home of water and make it habitable once more. However, once the initial crisis has passed, it is crucial to consider your house value and whether a flood can damage it.
Can Flooding Affect the Value of a Home?
There is no one simple answer to this question as the effect of flooding on house prices varies by the geographical area and the extent of the damage the flood caused. There is undoubtedly a risk of house prices dropping following a water surge in a specific area.
The law in Florida does not require residents to disclose a house's flood history before selling it. However, much of Ft. Lauderdale is in a flood zone, and most buyers will be aware of that. Knowing that a property is in a flood area can make a difference in the amount a buyer is willing to pay.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South encourages homeowners to protect their homes from flooding whenever possible and call in assistance for rapid flood removal and cleanup if necessary. Swift action might affect your home's value, but it will most certainly positively impact your state of mind and ability to get back to your life.
What Are Some Things You Can Do to Protect Your Home from Flooding?
You cannot prevent a flood from reaching your Ft. Lauderdale home, but there are some things you can do to protect your house:
- Add seals and barriers on doors and windows to prevent water seeping in
- Add a sump pump system to drain water away from your house
- Consider putting valves on drainage lines and toilets so that sewage cannot back up into your property when a flood occurs
- Landscape your garden so that water flows down and away from your home
Why Is Extraction Such an Important Part of Restoration?
When SERVPRO teams arrive on your property, our first task is to extract as much standing water as possible. The more water we remove at the start of restoration, the less water will remain to soak into soft furnishings and structural materials. More water extraction at the beginning means less time spent drying and dehumidifying.
The more thoroughly we extract flood water from your home, the faster and more effective the remediation process will be.
What Tools Do SERVPRO Use for Flood Removal?
SERVPRO trains our teams to remove flood water from your home using a wide range of extraction tools. Every situation is different and requires the right tool for the job. Our equipment includes:
- Portable extractors which we can take into your home and use on multiple levels provided there is still power to your house
- Truck-mounted extractors are ideal for use if we need more powerful equipment or no electricity supply in your home
- Carpet wands which extract moisture from glued-down carpets
- Extraction tools, both stationary and self-propelled, to squeeze water out of carpet and carpet pad
- Pumps of varying levels of power that we can choose from to pump out standing water
What Happens After the Initial Flood Removal?
Using equipment such as pumps and extractors is an essential first step in flood removal and remediation work. However, SERVPRO is committed to restoration work, and restoration goes far beyond the initial cleanup.
After flood removal, our teams set to work drying and restoring your home and belongings. We bring in air movers and dehumidifiers to dry out rooms and encourage ventilation. We assess drapes, furniture, and personal items to decide what we can salvage and what we cannot. Our teams thoroughly clean salvageable items and dispose of non-recoverable items.
Our air movers and dehumidifiers remove stubborn damp odors from your home, leaving it smelling fresh and clean. We also check for and take care of any structural damage so you can rest assured that it is safe to enter your home.
You cannot do anything about whether your home is in a flood zone, but you can take swift action in a storm. You can keep up your home value by taking good care of it and keeping water damage to a minimum.
For help with flood removal, call SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South at (954) 776-2000.
Can I Have Hidden Water Damage And Not Know It?
Our SERVPRO team works quickly to get your water damage under control. Contact us for assistance.
Hidden Water Damage Can Happen to Any Plantation Home, and You Need Professionals to Provide the Proper Mitigation
Your home may be solid as a rock, but water can still seep in that you can’t see, causing all kinds of problems. Ensure your Plantation home is safe by knowing what to look for and how to deal with it.
How do I know if I have hidden water damage?
Understanding what to look for is the key to keeping water intrusion from causing severe problems. Water damage repair to your Plantation residence can be fixed, and areas that have problems restored, but preventing them from happening is preferred. Here are some signs that you have hidden water causing damage:
- Water spots – these appear on ceilings and walls typically.
- Drywall cracking
- Floorboards and tiles – slight bulging or raised sections
- Unexplained carpet stains
- Corrosion on pipes
- Small puddles or pools around sinks or toilets
- Damaged or loose shingles on the roof.
- Bad odors – can be mold or mildew.
- Standing water in your yard can mean poor drainage.
Let the Experts Help
If you believe you have a problem with hidden water in your home, our Green Team of experts can help. We offer a professional assessment and search for water intrusion with an array of advanced technology equipment. SERVPRO’s Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) accredited technicians are ready to find the source of your problem and restore your residence “Like it never even happened.” Here is a portion of what you can expect from us when it comes to water damage repair:
- Assessment – cutting edge equipment that can detect even small amounts of moisture.
- Pumps and water extraction tools that are powerful and portable.
- Experienced Team - Commercial Contractor License #: CBC1261730
- Mold damage repair - Mold Remediation Contractor License #: MRSR2994
- Air movers and dehumidifiers for rapid drying.
To track down and fix hidden water problems, contact SERVPRO of Fort Lauderdale South at (954) 776-2000 for expert water damage repair service.
Find out more about Plantation.
Whom Can I Call for Help Cleaning Up After a Fire in Fort Lauderdale?
Fires can crush the morale of a family quickly. When you contact SERVPRO, they will remediate the damage and have you and your family back into your h
Fire Restoration is Something We Do Best at SERVPRO - Let Us Take Care of Your Fort Lauderdale Residence
A fire is never anything you want to face as a homeowner, but SERVPRO is here to take away a lot of the stress and worry. We have technicians trained following standards set forth by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), so you can rest assured that we can get the job done right the first time. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster with crews available 24/4 to take your call.
When a fire breaks out inside the home, soot and smoke travel off to areas where you would least expect it. We have specialists trained for fire restoration in Fort Lauderdale who know how to address any soot and smoke left behind after the fire is extinguished. Our goal is always to make sure there are no lingering odors to remind you of the fire incident.
As a homeowner, it is scary to think about a fire breaking out in your home. Some of the more common causes of house fires and fire damage include:
- Heating systems
- Faulty wiring or electronics
- Smoking accidents
- Kitchen appliances
It is essential to note that you should leave cleanup and restoration to skilled technicians to err on the side of caution. Even if the fire loss zone is a smaller or confined area of the home, further damage may result from unknowingly tracking soot and debris. There are also the potential hazards that come from breathing in toxic fumes from heavy soot and smoke residue.
You can count on us to remove all charred building materials and debris after the fire. We dispose of everything according to local guidelines and then start on the next phase of the restoration to make your home, “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South today at (954) 776-2000, and we have a crew standing by to help with fire restoration.
Click here for more information about Fort Lauderdale.
What Types of Maintenance Can Help My Home Avoid Water Damage From Storms?
Our storm damage technicians have the equipment and experience to restore your Property to pre-damage condition.
SERVPRO technicians are ready to come to your home 24/7 and clean up your Plantation home.
When intense weather hits local areas hard, if your home has not undergone regular maintenance, the result can be extensive water loss. Common issues reported include:
- Water coming in around poorly sealed windows and doors
- Leaking roof
- Landscape directing water towards rather than away from the home
- Tree limbs too close to windows causing breakage
Is My Wood Floor a Loss Due to Flood Damage?
When the flood damage rushes into your Plantation home, the timer starts ticking on the loss. Fast action can make the difference in a floor with restoration potential or facing the prospect of replacing your flooring. Certain criteria make or break the possibility of restoring your hardwood flooring:
- If the floorboards are composite wood, while economical, this type of flooring tends to deteriorate rapidly after water exposure
- Wood absorbs water and the longer the boards remain wet, the more they warp
- Drying in place is possible if the cleanup efforts begin rapidly enough
- After drying, some boards may need sanding and refinishing to return to their original, flat state
Common Issues After a Flood Loss
When SERVPRO technicians handle the removal of floodwater in a home, frequently there is no standing water but a copious amount of residual moisture left in flooring, wicked into sheetrock and contents. The techs use their equipment to determine where the water is and get to work extracting and drying the property. If there was any delay in the cleanup, the techs commonly use proactive mold growth deterrent applications to inhibit any germination of spores or growth.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South (954) 776-2000 has the experience and equipment to handle any size flood damage in your home and return your home to its preloss condition.
See more about Plantation.