Smoke Damage in a Plantation Home Can Travel through the HVAC System
Fire damage restoration is an easy task. for SERVPRO. Our techs are trained and experienced in fire restoration services.
Complete Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Is Possible in Plantation Thanks to SERVPRO
It is not unusual for a kitchen fire to happen in a home in Plantation. Throughout the world, accidents happen, and in a matter of seconds, flames rise, and smoke fills a home threatening its structural integrity. Most homeowners, however, may find themselves seeking a fire damage restoration company rather than declaring their home a total loss. SERVPRO specializes in water and fire damage restorations in homes of all sizes.
In Plantation, fire damage restoration services include a close look at the home’s HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system. The ducts can serve as an efficient way for smoke to circulate throughout your home, and our SERVPRO technicians inspect them when assessing the overall smoke and fire damage. Some of the questions we ask include-
- Where did the fire originate relative to the HVAC vents, and how long did it burn?
- Is there residue inside the ducts, and is it heavy?
- What are the ducts made of? Metal? Flex duct? Fiberboard?
- Is it necessary to consult with a specialized HVAC sub-contractor?
When our SERVPRO team determines that smoke traveled through the vents and left residue behind, we clean them by removing soot from all surfaces and applying cleaning agents. We have special vacuums in our inventory for this purpose.
We may also use foggers and deodorizers to eliminate odor particles. This process is done best while the duct system is sealed to optimize results.
Do not underestimate the impact of smoke in your home, even areas far from the place of ignition. Invite SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South to assess the damage and provide solutions based on industry best practices. Call us at (954) 776-2000 and rely on our expert team for the best results.
Storms in South Florida can Deeply Affect Homes in Davie
Storms have residual effects after the fact. SERVPRO is trained and experienced in all forms of storm damage restoration.
Flooded Davie Homes Can Call SERVPRO for Assistance
Storms in South Florida can be impactful, even when they do not register among the largest in the region’s history. Like all other cities in the area, Davie is susceptible to their effect, including a rise in water levels, broken branches, damaged roofs, and many other consequences.
When stormwater makes its way into a Davie home, moving quickly to enlist the help of SERVPRO and our professional team is the best step to protect your home and its contents.
Our Davie clients with flood damage may be surprised by how involved the water damage restoration process can be. Cleaning up after a flood involves much more than water extraction, and it takes a certified team like SERVPRO to address the specific needs of your home. As we perform water damage repairs, you may expect some of the following to take place-
- Carpets- carpets are typically removed completely when stormwater saturates them. Their porous nature becomes a breeding ground for bacteria which can prove harmful to your health. Our team takes care of removing and disposing of it according to environmental and local regulations.
- Structural Damage- our staff inspects the home for structural damage and coordinates with relevant specialists and authorities. As needed, we may help replace drywall or liaise with contractors for more extensive repairs. Every minute your home’s structure soaks up water, the damage to its structural stability increases.
- Biohazards- thanks to the debris and microorganisms in floodwater, a full restoration process must include anti-microbial solutions as part of the cleaning efforts.
- Once our water removal services are done, we use advanced technology to clean the area and thwart the growth of bacteria such as mold.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South is ready to serve the Davie community and restore its homes. Call us at (954) 776-2000 and let us leave your home. “Like it never even happened.”
Mold Inspections, Remediations, and Removal Need to Be Conducted by a Team of Professionals
Mold remediation is a specialty of SERVPRO. Call now for fast and immediate services for your business.
Mold Remediation in Plantation is a Job for SERVPRO
Humidity is a fact of life in Florida, especially as the summer months come along. Despite many of our homes and businesses being under A/C, it is not uncommon for the weather to make its way into them, especially during the rainy season. If you suspect humidity is creating a nurturing environment for mold growth and want a mold inspection performed by a professional team, SERVPRO is your answer.
Plantation and the South Florida region are well known for their green spaces, and the area has welcomed many new residents in the last months. The city of Plantation and its leaders continuously make a conscious effort to promote green spaces and green living. It has received the Gold level designation from the Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC), recognizing the city's sustainability efforts and commitment to improving its citizens' lives through environmental stewardship. Furthermore, city officials have worked with the National Wildlife Federation to become certified as a "Community Wildlife Habitat," an accolade bestowed upon only selected communities.
The City of Plantation's commitment to the environment dates back to 1976 when it started the Street Tree Program. This program seeks to increase the tree population while enhancing the quality of life for its residents. Homeowners can participate in the program while the city provides support in purchasing the trees, planting and maintaining them.
Dealing with mold remediation in Plantation
Mold can cause health effects, and removing it should be your top priority. It is not uncommon for mold to spread throughout a building for extended periods before its inhabitants discover its existence. Being vigilant and performing a mold inspection regularly can help you avoid widespread mold contamination. The basic steps to mold removal include:
- Containment and Safety Precautions- Not surprisingly, our SERVPRO staff wears personal protective equipment to take care of mold in your business. Full body suits, masks, and respirators may be necessary to protect the staff. As a team, we raise physical barriers to the spread of mold by adding plastic sheeting around affected areas and controlling ventilation systems.
- Removal- removing mold involves discarding any materials beyond being salvaged and cleaning each surface with equipment such as HEPA vacuums and sprayers. In this process, we assess the structural integrity of furniture and space itself and make additional recommendations as needed.
- Drying- key to humidity control, we dry the area thoroughly to prevent future growth. Restoring normal humidity levels is possible thanks to specialized equipment such as air movers, dehumidifiers, and desiccants.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South is available around the clock to help resolve your mold situation. Call us at (954) 776-2000 and let the industry's premier team lend its expertise for your benefit. Place your trust in us and let us leave your home. "Like it never even happened."
What to Include in Your Fire Damage Cleanup Plan
Fire damage clean-up in your home should be done by a team of pros. SERVPRO has the manpower and equipment for the fire restoration service you need.
Make a fire damage plan for your Fort Lauderdale home.
We all hope that we will not fall victim to a home fire. However, even if you take safety precautions, you cannot always prevent a fire. However, you can plan for what you will do after a fire. Planning now means you will not need to make big decisions in the aftermath when you are already stressed out.
A fire damage cleanup plan for your Fort Lauderdale home should include:
- Plans for where you and your family will stay after a fire.
- The details of your insurance company.
- A file of important information about your family and pets, including medical needs.
- Emergency contact details such as your doctor, vet, and a fire damage cleanup company.
Do not enter your home until you have clearance from the fire department. The next step is to call SERVPRO. We can take care of every aspect of fire damage cleanup, from removing soot stains and smells to overseeing redecorating and structural repairs. We can also help you create a loss inventory for your insurance company. Ask us about our ERP Emergency READY Profile Plan for a streamlined mobile app.
If you need a fire damage cleanup company, you can trust, call SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South at (954) 776-2000.
Tips to Protect Your Attic from Water Damage
A leaky ceiling is no joke. SERVPRO has a team of experts ready 247 365 days a year for any size water restoration service needed.
Keep your Plantation attic safe and dry.
Your attic is one of the most vulnerable spots for water leaks. That is why it is essential to protect your attic before the water becomes a problem.
A leaking roof is the most common cause of water damage in Plantation attics. However, if you have appliances or an HVAC system in your attic, they might also lead to water damage issues.
There are some simple steps you can take to protect your attic:
- Keep your roof in good condition – deal with any leaks or missing shingles immediately.
- Ensure your attic has good insulation and ventilation.
- If you have any appliances up there, check them regularly and have them repaired if necessary.
- Run a dehumidifier in your attic to lower moisture levels.
If you think you have water damage up there, give SERVPRO a call. Our technicians can scan for hidden water sources and pinpoint possible leaks. We also equip our teams with dehumidifiers, air movers, and portable heaters to dry out your attic.
If you are concerned about water damage in your attic, call SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South at (954) 776-2000.
Do You Need Help with Contamination after Flood Damage?
Contamination from a storm is very likely. SERVPRO techs are IICRC certified for any size storm restoration service needed for your home.
SERVPRO assists Fort Lauderdale residents with storm cleanup
Fort Lauderdale is a popular tourist destination thanks to its glorious weather – 3000 hours of sunshine each year! - and its reputation as the Yachting Capital of the World. Fort Lauderdale is a busy and fun city of 182,437 residents with lots to see and do, both on and off the water.
Enjoy the sailor’s life in Fort Lauderdale.
Fort Lauderdale has a long history as a port city. In 1924, Joseph Wesley Young, the mayor of Hollywood, purchased land adjacent to Lake Mabel. He founded the Hollywood Harbor Development Company, and in 1928 they were ready to remove the rock wall between the harbor and the Atlantic. President Calvin Coolidge was going to press a button in the White House that would detonate the wall. Most of Broward County’s residents (85%) turned out, but unfortunately, the controller did not work. However, local engineers removed the wall, creating a waterway from Fort Lauderdale to the Atlantic.
Local authorities named the newly-created harbor Port Everglades, as it directly connects to the Everglades’ natural beauty and resources. Port Everglades became a significant player in the economy of Broward County and Fort Lauderdale. Today, it is a popular starting point for cruises, and residents of condos overlooking the port frequently ring bells, toot horns, and wave to passengers embarking on a cruise.
Fort Lauderdale is also popular with sailors, and there are private charters, regattas, and more, all year round. The excellent weather and great sailing conditions make the area especially popular with yacht enthusiasts. However, you do not have to charter a yacht to enjoy the sea-faring life at Fort Lauderdale. Relax and let someone else do the sailing with one of these fun options:
- Hop aboard the Jungle Queen riverboat for an all-you-can-eat dinner and show. Sail along Millionaire’s Row and admire the beautiful mansions and luxury yachts. Includes an all-you-can-eat BBQ dinner with ribs and chicken and a hilarious variety stage show.
- Take a narrated 90-minute sightseeing cruise. Your captain will steer the boat through the New River area (also known as the Venice of America), while your knowledgeable guide points out the best sights and furnishes local information. Beverages and snacks are available for purchase onboard.
- Try out Sail Splash for an unforgettable trip. Sail in a state-of-the-art catamaran, enjoy a complimentary cold beverage, and try out the portable water slide and giant water trampoline.
- Treat the kids to a pirate adventure cruise. All young sailors can take part in pirate speak lessons and fire a water cannon! Plus, every child gets a bag of loot to take home.
Should you worry about the contamination after storm damage?
Cleaning up after storm damage is not like any other kind of water cleanup. Water that enters your home during a storm might contain contaminants. We classify some water as blackwater, which means there could be all manner of microbes, bacteria, viruses, and other nasties present.
If your home suffers storm damage, you want to call a storm remediation company that is safety-conscious and trains its staff to deal with contamination. SERVPRO teams will:
- Dispose of any soft materials such as drapes or floor coverings that might be contaminated.
- Remove structural elements such as drywall and oversee their replacement.
- Use antimicrobial treatments such as sprays or ULV fogging where necessary.
For safety-conscious flood damage help, call SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South at (954) 776-2000.
Where Can Homeowners Seek Help after a Fire Damages their Property?
Our fire damage technicians have the skills and equipment to bring your home back from a fire catastrophe. Call us right away.
They Can Hire SERVPRO Technicians to Handle the Fire Damage in their Ft Lauderdale Homes
After a fire in your residence, it is not just what is burned that requires restoration. Different types of damage can occur because of the smoke and the water used to extinguish the flames. SERVPRO has experienced technicians who can restore your property to its normal condition.
Smoke and soot can spread throughout the property, including areas not affected by the fire, leading to secondary damage if not handled on time. Thankfully, the certified restorers from SERVPRO can handle the fire damage in your Ft Lauderdale property effectively. Our team gets to our customer’s property within a brief period since we understand how fast the secondary damages of fire can spread.
Some damages that can affect your home include:
- Water from firefighting efforts can ruin your floors, walls, and valuable items.
- Smoke and soot can discolor your walls, appliances, and other valuables.
- Ash and water solution can cause corrosion and damage to various surfaces and materials.
- Smoke and soot residues can tarnish metal and cause etching in the glass.
Smoke residues bond with the surfaces they contact. When cleaning various affected surfaces, we use special techniques and unique products. We can use natural fabric brightener mixed with shampoo super concentrate to clean your furniture and wool carpeting.
Do not let fire damage lead to expensive repairs. Contact SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South at (954) 776-2000 to get your property back to its former glory.
Which is the Best Way to Perform Mold Removal in a Commercial Property?
We understand the need for rapid response to minimize the loss of your business property. Call us right away we are available 24/7.
Hiring Reputable Mold Removal Companies in Plantation like SERVPRO is the Best Solution
Mold is among the worst contaminants in a business, and it often grows indoors on wet or damp surfaces. It isn't easy to spot but can cause health effects to the people working or visiting a commercial property. SERVPRO restorers are ready to restore your commercial building to eliminate mold damage.
If you had water damage recently or come across signs of mold in your business, contact reputable mold removal companies in Plantation. Reliable restoration companies such as SERVPRO use advanced tools and unique but approved techniques to detect any mold contamination within your business. We can use a luminometer to test various surfaces contaminated by mold.
Some warning signs of mold in your business include:
- Musty odors, especially in dark areas.
- High moisture levels result in condensation on metal or glass surfaces.
- Health effects
- Dark spots on surfaces
We can remove the moldy materials or use highly advanced chemicals to clean the affected areas. Our technicians can use sporicides to get rid of mold on surfaces. The product also eliminates other contaminants like bacterial and fungal spores.
Avoid tackling mold-damaged areas, especially if you lack the required restoration skills. Contact SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South to ensure that your place of business is safe and secure. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster. Talk to us today at (954) 776-2000.
Prompt Restoration for Water Damage in Fort Lauderdale
You can count on SERVPRO’s experienced professionals to eliminate water damage on your property. Call us today.
SERVPRO is Qualified to Provide Water Restoration in Fort Lauderdale Homes
Fort Lauderdale is a city in Florida located about 25 miles from Miami. It is the largest city in Broward County and has an estimated population of around 180,000 people. Fort Lauderdale is the principal city in what is the Miami Metropolitan Area.
The city is named after a series of fortifications that the U.S.A built in the Second Seminole War. 'Lauderdale' comes from Major William Lauderdale, the commander of the detachment of soldiers who built the first fort there.
Major Tourist Attractions
Today, Fort Lauderdale is one of the United States' most significant and most frequently visited tourist destinations. One of the main reasons for this is because it is a major yachting center, and thus, especially in the summer, tourists flood the area.
Climate also plays a part in why it has become such a frequently visited place. Fort Lauderdale summers are what almost every single tourist wants to experience.
Another popular feature of the town is The Strip. It is a promenade that runs along with the Oceanside. Its popularity can be attributed to the fact that it is lined with many upscale hotels, restaurants, bars, and boutiques.
The beaches around Fort Lauderdale are, without a doubt, the reason why the area has become such a fertile tourist site. The city has seven miles of beachfront and an average temperature of 75 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the year. It is a favorite for those who love sand, sun, and surf.
Fort Lauderdale once had a reputation for being a spring break hotspot, but it is now a more sophisticated urban destination. The seemingly endless shops and restaurants, along with its wide boardwalks, provide it with a laid-back atmosphere, which sun-starved northerners crave while visiting Florida. Some of the top attractions in Fort Lauderdale include:
- Fort Lauderdale beach – It is backed by many hotels, shops, restaurants, and a pedestrian walk.
- Las Olas Boulevard – Many tourist attractions exist on this boulevard, including touring art galleries and museums and shopping at over 100 specialty boutiques. It stretches from downtown along New River to Las Olas Beach.
- Museum of Discovery and Science – It features rotating and permanent exhibits and programs that entertain and educate the entire family.
- NSU Art Museum – It is a unique and modern three-story building in the Las Olas neighborhood, which features over 7,000 works of art. The museum also hosts traveling exhibits and special events around the year.
- Antique car museum – This museum concentrates on the Packard Motor Company’s history. Other memorabilia like a gallery devoted to the late president Franklin Roosevelt as also on display.
Why property Owners Should Seek SERVPRO’s Services in the Event of Water Damage in Fort Lauderdale
Water damage is a common occurrence in Fort Lauderdale. After a water intrusion incident, what you can do is make sure that your property is restored quickly. This is where SERVPRO comes in. Our restorers are licensed to handle water loss incidents. We can use state-of-the-art technology to restore your property to its former condition. Some of the equipment we use includes:
- Submersible pumps – We use them when water levels are 2 or more inches deep.
- Commercial grade air movers – Axial and centrifugal air movers provide high-velocity airflow and quick-drying, which are essential in any restoration scenario.
- Low Grain Refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifiers – They use a double cooling system, which reduces the temperature of moisture-filled air after it enters the equipment.
Don't hesitate to give SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South a call in the event of water damage to your property. You can reach us at (954) 776-2000 for effective restoration.
A Flash Flood Can Wreak Havoc on Your Home
SERVPRO has IICRC trained technicians for any size storm damage done to your home or property.
Flooding in Fort Lauderdale requires professional attention.
Rising sea levels and active storm seasons can challenge homeowners when they least expect it. Increasingly, we see flooding become part of our lives, and its consequences can be extensive. When water enters your home, it is time to call upon the expertise of a professional restoration company. Only a trained group of technicians can reassure you that the damaging effects of blackwater in your home are taken care of.
In Fort Lauderdale, flood damage after a storm is a job for our trained experts at SERVPRO. Our staff relies on the latest techniques and industry best practices to address the undesirable consequences of water coming into your home. If excess humidity, debris, and bacteria are of concern, let our team take care of them. As a homeowner, you should expect-
- Industrial-grade equipment to extract water
- Move-out and disposal services as necessary
- Disinfection to discourage the growth of bacteria such as mold
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South is ready to act when emergencies happen. Call us 24/7 at (954) 776-2000 and let us leave your home, “Like it never even happened.”