What Types of Maintenance Can Help My Home Avoid Water Damage From Storms?
SERVPRO technicians are ready to come to your home 24/7 and clean up your Plantation home.
When intense weather hits local areas hard, if your home has not undergone regular maintenance, the result can be extensive water loss. Common issues reported include:
- Water coming in around poorly sealed windows and doors
- Leaking roof
- Landscape directing water towards rather than away from the home
- Tree limbs too close to windows causing breakage
Is My Wood Floor a Loss Due to Flood Damage?
When the flood damage rushes into your Plantation home, the timer starts ticking on the loss. Fast action can make the difference in a floor with restoration potential or facing the prospect of replacing your flooring. Certain criteria make or break the possibility of restoring your hardwood flooring:
- If the floorboards are composite wood, while economical, this type of flooring tends to deteriorate rapidly after water exposure
- Wood absorbs water and the longer the boards remain wet, the more they warp
- Drying in place is possible if the cleanup efforts begin rapidly enough
- After drying, some boards may need sanding and refinishing to return to their original, flat state
Common Issues After a Flood Loss
When SERVPRO technicians handle the removal of floodwater in a home, frequently there is no standing water but a copious amount of residual moisture left in flooring, wicked into sheetrock and contents. The techs use their equipment to determine where the water is and get to work extracting and drying the property. If there was any delay in the cleanup, the techs commonly use proactive mold growth deterrent applications to inhibit any germination of spores or growth.
SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South (954) 776-2000 has the experience and equipment to handle any size flood damage in your home and return your home to its preloss condition.
See more about Plantation.