Prompt Restoration for Water Damage in Fort Lauderdale
SERVPRO is Qualified to Provide Water Restoration in Fort Lauderdale Homes
Fort Lauderdale is a city in Florida located about 25 miles from Miami. It is the largest city in Broward County and has an estimated population of around 180,000 people. Fort Lauderdale is the principal city in what is the Miami Metropolitan Area.
The city is named after a series of fortifications that the U.S.A built in the Second Seminole War. 'Lauderdale' comes from Major William Lauderdale, the commander of the detachment of soldiers who built the first fort there.
Major Tourist Attractions
Today, Fort Lauderdale is one of the United States' most significant and most frequently visited tourist destinations. One of the main reasons for this is because it is a major yachting center, and thus, especially in the summer, tourists flood the area.
Climate also plays a part in why it has become such a frequently visited place. Fort Lauderdale summers are what almost every single tourist wants to experience.
Another popular feature of the town is The Strip. It is a promenade that runs along with the Oceanside. Its popularity can be attributed to the fact that it is lined with many upscale hotels, restaurants, bars, and boutiques.
The beaches around Fort Lauderdale are, without a doubt, the reason why the area has become such a fertile tourist site. The city has seven miles of beachfront and an average temperature of 75 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the year. It is a favorite for those who love sand, sun, and surf.
Fort Lauderdale once had a reputation for being a spring break hotspot, but it is now a more sophisticated urban destination. The seemingly endless shops and restaurants, along with its wide boardwalks, provide it with a laid-back atmosphere, which sun-starved northerners crave while visiting Florida. Some of the top attractions in Fort Lauderdale include:
- Fort Lauderdale beach – It is backed by many hotels, shops, restaurants, and a pedestrian walk.
- Las Olas Boulevard – Many tourist attractions exist on this boulevard, including touring art galleries and museums and shopping at over 100 specialty boutiques. It stretches from downtown along New River to Las Olas Beach.
- Museum of Discovery and Science – It features rotating and permanent exhibits and programs that entertain and educate the entire family.
- NSU Art Museum – It is a unique and modern three-story building in the Las Olas neighborhood, which features over 7,000 works of art. The museum also hosts traveling exhibits and special events around the year.
- Antique car museum – This museum concentrates on the Packard Motor Company’s history. Other memorabilia like a gallery devoted to the late president Franklin Roosevelt as also on display.
Why property Owners Should Seek SERVPRO’s Services in the Event of Water Damage in Fort Lauderdale
Water damage is a common occurrence in Fort Lauderdale. After a water intrusion incident, what you can do is make sure that your property is restored quickly. This is where SERVPRO comes in. Our restorers are licensed to handle water loss incidents. We can use state-of-the-art technology to restore your property to its former condition. Some of the equipment we use includes:
- Submersible pumps – We use them when water levels are 2 or more inches deep.
- Commercial grade air movers – Axial and centrifugal air movers provide high-velocity airflow and quick-drying, which are essential in any restoration scenario.
- Low Grain Refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifiers – They use a double cooling system, which reduces the temperature of moisture-filled air after it enters the equipment.
Don't hesitate to give SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South a call in the event of water damage to your property. You can reach us at (954) 776-2000 for effective restoration.