Mold Removal in Ft. Lauderdale Takes Knowledge of Its Life Cycle
SERVPRO’s Ft. Lauderdale Mold Removal Experts Know All about Mold and Its Elimination
Understanding the life cycle of mold and the environmental conditions that foster its growth is half the battle in eradicating it from Ft. Lauderdale homes. Luckily, area cleanup and restoration firms like SERVPRO are armed with this knowledge and highly effective in removing such fungal infestations from local residences.
SERVPRO, a mold removal firm in Ft. Lauderdale, teaches its technicians all about how mold develops and what fuels its proliferation. Company mold specialists use this valuable information to, among other things, complete mold inspection jobs, perform mold remediation work, and do black mold damage repairs. With all of that said, this is how residential mold problems generally start and progress:
- Mold spore masses, consisting of a collection of tiny, seed-like spores, exist nearly everywhere in the environment and are present in most houses
- These seed collections float around in the air and, once disturbed, can release thousands of individual spores that can land on any surface
- Once on a surface, these seeds can lie dormant until the right conditions exist to promote their development into full-blown mold growths
- Typically, when spores land on wooden, paper, or cellulosic fiber surfaces that they can consume as food, they start growing once indoor relative humidity reaches 60% and temperatures are between 68 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit
- Eventually, when mold starts to grow, it develops structures known as “hyphae” that can evolve into tree-like objects that can propagate yet more spores and start the entire process all over again
Mold continues to spread, discoloring surfaces and producing foul, musty odors, as all of this takes place.
So, considering this, remember to call your neighborhood SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South whenever you need mold removal services. We are always ready to assist you at (954) 776-2000.