SERVPRO Offers Swift Water Removal to Ft. Lauderdale Properties
Water disasters affecting Ft. Lauderdale residences or companies create overwhelming worry and stress for owners and property managers. Situations requiring water damage restoration include a broad range of circumstances and causes, many illustrated in this video. With little to no warning, individuals and businesses find themselves "knee-deep" in crises they cannot solve easily, including:
- Cleaning Up After a Sewer Backup
- Burst Pipes
- Leaking Roofs from Storms
Are Specialized Tools and Training Needed to Manage Water Disasters?
Whether residential or commercial, property owners rarely possess the skills, experience, and tools necessary for effective water damage restoration, leaving them overwhelmed and despairing after a water or storm event. SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South fills those gaps with highly-trained and well-equipped teams of project managers and technicians. Continual investment in a top-notch workforce and state-of-the-art equipment and techniques prepares our team to offer an "efficient, timely, and cost-effective" solution to any water problem, large or small. Our proactive approach includes:
- Providing our on-site crews with basic and advanced coursework and hands-on instruction from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the water restoration industry's standards developer
- Purchasing and maintaining heavy-duty water clean up tools and products stocked on our signature green service vehicles, ready to roll to the rescue at a moment's notice
- Aligning with a nationwide network of SERVPRO for access to scalable resources when significant water disasters strike multiple homes, neighborhoods, and sprawling commercial properties
What Can Ft. Lauderdale Property Owners Expect from SERVPRO Emergency Services?
Water damage concerns vary with the kind and condition of the property affected. The video catalogs many of the challenges SERVPRO faces and solves with research-based methods for our Fort Lauderdale customers:
Water and Airborne Contaminant Containment
- Use of negative pressure air scrubbing technology
- Venting equipment such as dehumidifiers to the outdoors
- Capture of category 2 and 3 fluids for lawful disposal as hazardous waste
Material Removal and Disposal
- Cutting and tearing out of permeable materials such as carpeting, padding, and insulation
- Bagging and depositing wet materials following local requirements
Structural and Contents Drying
- Wrapping and boxing furnishings and other contents for pack-outs to secure facilities using SERVPRO's Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) during mitigation and water remediation.
- Devising creative and flexible treatments of living spaces where it is impractical to pack out the contents, like positioning equipment around the sleeping area of a bedroom
Evaluation of Water Damage and Data Gathering
- Initial assessment and periodic re-testing of water incursion and moisture location using sensitive devices such as thermal imaging cameras
- Controlled demolition to open cavities filled with water or access damp materials, including drywall and engineering flooring
- Monitoring of moisture levels throughout the process using tools such as hydrometers to avoid either under or overdrying
Does SERVPRO Strike the Proper Balance for Each Job?
Whether a Ft. Lauderdale couple needs help with ceiling leaks or an entire business campus is underwater after flooding, restoration plans meet the water damage needs, and expectations presented. SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South eagerly awaits the opportunity to help anyone requiring water removal.