What To Do When Your Microwave Shorts Out And Causes Fire Damage To Your Plantation Home
Fire Damage To Your Home
The microwave in your home is an incredibly useful tool to help you prepare meals, but when it shorts out and causes fire damage inside your home is it anything but useful in that moment. Your microwave has its own independent nook inside of your cupboards, and unfortunately, the fire was quick to spread to the levels above it. The blaze impacted your spices and Tupperware, melting down the plastic materials and burning up the dried oregano and rosemary very swiftly, giving more fuel to the fire.
By the time you managed to put the flames out, it had burned your cupboards and spread smoke throughout your kitchen, making the fire damage in your Plantation home look much worse than it actually was. However, to ensure a successful damage remediation, it is vital for you to call for professional services right after the fire is extinguished. Promptly getting a team to your home can help reduce discoloration from smoke and soot as well as make it easier to remove.
When SERVPRO arrives at your home, the first thing we can begin to do is clean up the mess that the fire left behind. We can remove your ruined microwave from the nook it is stored in, as well as scrape away the remains of the plastic containers and bottles from the shelves above. Afterward, SERVPRO can select a cleaning method to remove the soot from the various surfaces inside your kitchen, including your fridge, stove, countertops, sink, and cupboards.
On metal materials such as your sink, stove, and refrigerator, we can choose to use something a little more harsh, like chemical cleaning methods. On the wooden and stone surfaces of your countertop and cabinets, SERVPRO can use something more gentle, like lubricative cleaning solutions. We use a simple spray-and-wipe system, going over the stains repeatedly until they lift away from whatever we are cleaning.
Because the smell of burning plastic can be so foul, the last thing SERVPRO can do to remediate your kitchen is to use a thermal fogger. The "fog" of the machine is a solution that attacks the particles in the air that cause the foul odor. SERVPRO's goal is to rid your home of all reminders of the fire, including sight and smell.
If an electrical shortage in an appliance causes a fire inside your kitchen, never hesitate to call for help. Get in touch with SERVPRO of Ft. Lauderdale South by phoning (954) 776-2000. Day or night, we are available for the job.
Click here for more about Plantation.