Carpet Drying Methods In Fort Lauderdale
Carpet Drying Techniques
When it comes to clean-up after one of Florida's tropical storms or some other type of water damage, one of the most important is restoring carpets to their original state. If this is not accomplished soon enough or if it is not done properly, the cost to a homeowner can quickly grow into thousands of dollars in replacement costs.
SERVPRO understands how important carpet drying is to Fort Lauderdale. The faster our technicians correctly do their job, the faster our customers can return to their homes and lives. This is why SERVPRO experts do their best to determine the best method needed. In many cases, this is what we call in-place drying. There are three key advantages to this method.
1) The occupants of the home are much less disrupted. Pulling up carpeting (even temporarily) adds many hours and perhaps even days to the process.
2) The furniture will not need to be removed from the room. A technician can stack it in the middle while removing the water from the edges and working his way inward; moving it to the dried areas as he moves inward.
3) The carpet suffers much less damage when it does not have to be reinstalled, or seams have to be resealed.
In-place drying is not always an option, however. There are a number of situations where it is necessary for us to remove the carpet and even replace the padding underneath in order to restore the home to its pre-damage state.
1) The carpet has been flooded or otherwise exposed to water for longer than 72 hours.
2) Mold or other biological contamination is discovered in the carpet.
3) The pad underneath is made of an organic material such as animal hair or jute (also used in making burlap).
4) The carpet has been installed over hardwood or laminated flooring.
SERVPRO of Fort Lauderdale South strives to make sure our customers can return to their normal lives as quickly as possible. We also work hard to do this in as economical a manner as well. If you have or suspect you have water damage to your carpets, call us today at (954) 776-2000.